48. A. S. Preston, R. A. Hughes, N. L. Dominique, J. P. Camden, S. Neretina, Stabilization of plasmonic silver nanostructures with ultrathin oxide coatings formed using atomic layer deposition. J. Phys. Chem. C 2021, 125, 17212-17220.
47. R. D. Neal, R. A. Hughes, A. S. Preston, S. D. Golze, T. B. Demille, S. Neretina, Substrate-immobilized noble metal nanoplates: A review of their synthesis, assembly, and application. J. Mater. Chem. C 2021, 9, 12974-13012 (Featured on Journal's Front Cover)
46. T. B. Demille, R. D. Neal, A. S. Preston, Z. Liang, A. G. Oliver, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Epitaxially aligned single-crystal gold nanoplates formed in large-area arrays at high-yield. Nano Res. 2021 doi.org/10.1007/s12274-021-3473-1 (published)
45. S. D. Golze, S. Porcu, C. Zhu, E. Sutter, P. C. Ricci, E. C. Kinzel, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Sequentially symmetry-breaking events as a synthetic pathway for chiral gold nanostructures with spiral geometries. Nano Lett. 2021, 21, 2919-2925.
44. R. D. Neal, R. A. Hughes, P. Sapkota, S. Ptasinska, S. Neretina, Effect of nanopaticle ligands on 4-nitrophenol reduction: Reaction rate, induction time, and ligand desorption. ACS Catal. 2020, 10, 10040-10050.
43. S. Porcu, M. Castellino, I. Roppolo, C. M. Carbonaro, S. Palmas, L. Mais, M. F. Casula, S. Neretina, R. A. Hughes, F. Secci, P. C. Ricci, Highly efficient visible light phenyl modified carbon nitride/TiO2 photocatalyst for environmental applications. Appl. Surf. Sci. 2020, 531, 147394.
42. T. B. Demille, R. A. Hughes, N. Dominique, J. E. Olson, S. Rouvimov, S. Neretina, Large-area periodic arrays of gold nanostars derived from HEPES-, DMF-, and Ascorbic-acid-driven syntheses. Nanoscale 2020, 12, 16489-16500..
41. A. S. Preston, R. A. Hughes, T. B. Demille, S. Neretina, Plasmonics under attack: Protecting copper nanostructures from harsh environments. Chem. Mater. 2020, 32, 6788-6799.
40. Q. Zhang, R. D. Neal, D. Huang, S. Neretina, E. Lee, T. Luo, Surface bubble growth in plasmonic nanoparticle suspension. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 2020, 12, 26680-26687.
39. S. D. Golze, R. A. Hughes, S. Rouvimov, R. D. Neal, T. B. Demille, S. Neretina, Plasmon-mediated synthesis of periodic arrays of gold nanoplates using substrate-immobilized seeds lined with planar defects. Nano Lett. 2019, 19, 5653-5660.
38. T. B. Demille, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Periodic arrays of dewetted silver nanostructures on sapphire and quartz: Effect of substrate truncation on the Localized Surface Plasmon Resonance and near-field enhancement. J. Phys. Chem. C 2019, 123, 19879-19886.
37. R. D. Neal, Y. Inoue, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Catalytic reduction of 4-nitrophenol by gold catalysts: The influence of borohydride concentration on the induction time. J. Phys. Chem. C 2019, 123, 12894-12901.
36. D. Sil, C. Lane, E. Glor, K. D. Gilroy, S. Sylla, B. Barbiellini, R. Markiewicz, M. Hajfathalian, S. Neretina, A. Bansil, Z. Fakhraai, E. Borguet, Synthesis and properties of Au Hydride. ChemistrySelect 2019, 4, 14287-4292.
35. A. S. Preston, R. A. Hughes, T. B. Demille, V. M. Rey Davila, S. Neretina, Dewetted nanostructures of gold, silver, copper, and palladium with enhanced faceting. Acta Materialia 2019, 165, 15-25.
34.M. Hajfathalian, A. Amirshaghaghi, P. C. Naha, P. Chhour, J. C. Hsu, K. Douglas, Y, Dong, C. M. Sehgal, A. Tsourkas, S. Neretina, D. P. Cormode, Wulff in a cage gold nanoparticles as contrast agents for computed tomography and photoacoustic imaging. Nanoscale 2018, 10, 18749-18757.
33. E. Menumerov, S. D. Golze, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Arrays of highly complex noble metal nanostructures using nanoimprint lithography in combination with liquid-phase epitaxy. Nanoscale 2018, 10, 18186-18194.
32. E. Lee, E. Menumerov, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, T. Luo, Low-cost nanostructures from nanoparticle-assisted large-scale lithography significantly enhance thermal energy transport across solid interfaces. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 2018, 10, 34690-34698.
31. T. B. Demille, R. A. Hughes, A. S. Preston, R. Adelung, Y. K. Mishra, S. Neretina, Light-mediated growth of noble metal nanostructures (Au, Ag, Cu, Pt, Pd, Ru, Ir, Rh) from micro- and nanoscale ZnO tetrapodal backbones. Frontiers in Chemistry 2018, 6, 411.
30. E. Menumerov, R. A. Hughes, S. D. Golze, R. D. Neal, T. B. Demille, J. C. Campanaro, K. C. Kotesky, S. Rouvimov, S. Neretina, Identifying the true catalyst in the reduction of 4-nitrophenol: A case study showing the effect of leaching and oxidative etching using Ag catalysts. ACS Catalysis 2018, 8, 8879-8888.
29. A. S. Preston, R. A. Hughes, T. B. Demille, S. Neretina, Copper template design for the synthesis of bimetallic copper-rhodium nanoshells through galvanic replacement. Particle & Particle Systems Characterization 2018, 35, 1700420. (Special Issue)
28. R. A. Hughes, E. Menumerov, S. Neretina, When lithography meets self-assembly: A review of recent advances in the directed assembly of complex metal nanostructures on planar and textured surfaces. Nanotechnology 2017, 28, 282002. (Topical Review)
27. E. Menumerov, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, One-step catalytic reduction of 4-nitrophenol through the direct injection of metal salts into oxygen-depleted reactants. Catalysis Science & Technology 2017, 7, 1460-1464. Video. (Communication)
26. E. Menumerov, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, The catalytic reduction of 4-nitrophenol: A quantitative assessment of the role of dissolved oxygen in determining the induction time. Nano Lett. 2016, 16, 7791-7797.
25. S. Neretina, R. A. Hughes, K. D. Gilroy, M. Hajfathalian, Noble metal nanostructure synthesis at the liquid-substrate interface: New structures, new insights and new possibilities. Acc. Chem. Res. 2016, 49, 2243-2250. (Invited Review)
24. M. Hajfathalian, K. D. Gilroy, S. D. Golze, A. Yaghoubzade, E. Menumerov, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, A Wulff in a cage: The confinement of substrate-based structures in plasmonic nanoshells, nanocages, and nanoframes using galvanic replacement reactions. ACS Nano 2016, 10, 6354–6362.
23. M. Hajfathalian, K. D. Gilroy, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Citrate-induced nanocubes: A reexamination of the role of citrate as a shape-directing capping agent for Ag-based nanostructures. Small 2016, 12, 3444–3452.
22. E. Menumerov, K. D. Gilroy, M. Hajfathalian, C. J. Murphy, E. R. McKenzie, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Plastically deformed Cu-based alloys as high-performance catalysts for the reduction of 4-nitrophenol. Catal. Sci. Technol. 2016, 6, 5737 - 5745.
21. E. Menumerov, B. A. Marks, D. Dikin, F. X. Lee, R. D. Winslow, S. Guru, D. Sil, E. Borguet, P. Hutapea, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Sensing hydrogen gas from atmospheric pressure to a hundred parts per million with nanogaps fabricated using a single-step bending deformation. ACS Sens. 2016, 1, 73-80.
20. M. Hajfathalian, K. D. Gilroy, A. Yaghoubzade, A. Sundar, T. Tan, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Photocatalytic enhancements to the reduction of 4-nitrophenol by resonantly excited triangular gold-copper nanostructures. J. Phys. Chem. C 2015, 119, 17308-17315.
19. K. D. Gilroy, A. Sundar, M. Hajfathalian, A. Yaghoubzade, T. Tan, D. Sil, E. Borguet, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Transformation of truncated gold octahedrons into triangular nanoprisms through the heterogeneous nucleation of silver. Nanoscale 2015, 7, 6827-6835.
18. K. D. Gilroy, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Kinetically controlled nucleation of silver on surfactant-free gold seeds. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 15337-15345.
17. D. Sil, K. D. Gilroy, A. Niaux, A. Boulesbaa, S. Neretina, E. Borguet, Seeing is believing: Hot electron based gold nanoplasmonic optical hydrogen sensor. ACS Nano 2014, 8, 7755-7762.
16. K. D. Gilroy, P. Farzinpour, A. Sundar, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Sacrificial templates for galvanic replacement reactions: Design criteria for the synthesis of pure Pt nanoshells with a smooth surface morphology. Chem. Mater. 2014, 26, 3340-3347.
15. K. D. Gilroy, S. Neretina, R. W. Sunders, Behavior of gold nanoparticles in an experimental algal-zooplankton food chain. J. Nanopart. Res. 2014, 16, 2414.
14. A. Sundar, P. Farzinpour, K. D. Gilroy, T. Tan, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Eutectic combinations as a pathway to the formation of substrate-based Au-Ge heterodimers and hollowed Au nanocrescents with tunable optical properties. Small 2014, 10, 3379-3388.
13. K. D. Gilroy, A. Sundar, P. Farzinpour, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Mechanistic study of substrate-based galvanic replacement reactions. Nano Res. 2014, 7, 365-379.
12. A. Sundar, P. Farzinpour, K. D. Gilroy, T. Tan, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Organized surfaces of highly faceted single-crystal palladium structures seeded by sacrificial templates. Cryst. Growth Des. 2013, 13, 3847-3851.
11. K. D. Gilroy, P. Farzinpour, A. Sundar, T. Tan, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Substrate-based galvanic replacement reaction carried out on heteroepitaxially formed silver templates. Nano Res. 2013, 6, 418-428.
10. P. Farzinpour, A. Sundar, K. D. Gilroy, Z. E. Eskin, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Dynamic templating: A large area processing route for the assembly of periodic arrays of sub-micrometer and nanoscale structures. Nanoscale 2013, 5, 1929-1938.
9. P. Farzinpour, A. Sundar, K. D. Gilroy, Z. E. Eskin, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, Altering the dewetting characteristics of ultrathin gold and silver films using a sacrificial antimony layer. Nanotechnology 2012, 23, 495604.
8. A. Sundar, C. Decker, R. A. Hughes, S. Neretina, The templated assembly of highly faceted three-dimensional gold microstructures into periodic arrays. Mater. Lett. 2012, 76, 155-158.
7. A. Sundar, R. A. Hughes, P. Farzinpour, K. D. Gilroy, G. A. Devenyi, J. S. Preston, S. Neretina, Manipulating the size distribution of supported gold nanostructures. Appl. Phys. Lett. 2012, 100, 013111.
6. E. C. Dreaden, S. Neretina, W. Qian, M. A. El-Sayed, R. A. Hughes, J. S. Preston, P. Mascher, Plasmonic enhancement of nonradiative charge carrier relaxation and proposed effects from enhanced radiative electronic processes in semiconductor-gold core-shell nanorod arrays. J. Phys. Chem. C 2011, 115, 5578-5583.
5. S. Neretina, R. A. Hughes, G. Stortz, J. S. Preston, P. Mascher, The rapid prototyping of textured amorphous surfaces for the graphoepitaxial deposition of CdTe films using focused ion beam lithography. Appl. Phys. A 2011, 102, 259-264.
4. S. Neretina, E. C. Dreaden, W. Qian, M. A. El-Sayed, R. A. Hughes, J. S. Preston, P. Mascher, The dependence of the plasmon field induced nonradiative electronic relaxation mechanisms on the gold shell thickness in vertically aligned CdTe-Au core-shell nanorods. Nano Lett. 2009, 9, 3772-3779.
3. X. Huang, S. Neretina, M. A. El-Sayed, Gold nanorods: From synthesis and properties to biological and biomedical applications. Adv. Mater. 2009, 21, 4880-4910 (Invited review article).
2. S. Neretina, W. Qian, E. Dreaden, M. A. El-Sayed, R. A. Hughes, J. S. Preston, P. Mascher, Exciton lifetime tuning by changing the plasmon field orientation with respect to the exciton transition moment direction: CdTe-Au core-shell nanorods. Nano Lett. 2009, 9, 1242-1248.
1. S. Neretina, R. A. Hughes, G. A. Devenyi, N. V. Sochinskii, J. S. Preston, P. Mascher, Atypical grain growth for (211) CdTe films deposited on surface reconstructed (100) SrTiO3 substrates. Appl. Surf. Sci. 2009, 255, 5674-5681.